Scott Chevalley wrote:
> To satisfy my curiousity I checked both ftp.uninett.no and ftp.sunet.se,
> which is the mirror I prefer.  You are correct that ftp.uninett.no has
> not been modified, but ftp.sunet.se has been.
> The most like situation is that there is some lag in the uninett.no
> mirror being updated.  I've found a lot of variation in the amount of
> time it takes various mirrors to resync.

One would have to ask "How many different 9.0s are there?".

A release is a release, it is singular.   A subsequent release cannot
bear the same number, since it is a different thing.

So what is the release name of what is now on ftp.sunet.se?   9.0.1?
9.01?   9.0a?  9.1?   Do we now have two dolphins?

The problem with ftp.sunet.se is that it carries a too-large Message of
the Day (MOTD), occupying a whole screen and disturbing users from
following what is going on.    ftp.uninett.no removed their MOTD months
ago and so is much easier to use.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]

New Web site: http://members.optusnet.com.au/ronst/