On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 05:32:50 -0400 "John V. Turek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just spent 5 hours myself trying to get my Sony Clie to work with
> Mandrake 9.0 Dolphin, with no luck.  I was able to get pilot-xfer to talk to
> my sony to *start* backing up my pilot database, but then it locks my mouse
> and pilot up, and i have to reboot.
>
> I agree with Pierre that there might be a bug in the visor module.

How new are the Cliés involved?

I have a T675 which wouldn't work; this was no surprise as the model is
brand new and the kernel modules could not possibly have caught up with any
peculiarities it happened to have.

However, I bought a Hama memory stick reader, attached it to a USB port, and
it works like a charm; I don't bother even attaching the Clié to the PC now.
(I never hotsynced my old Clié, a T425, in any case, always reading and
writing directly to the Memory Stick).

Alastair