Typically one can assign an IRQ to the video card in the BIOS -- mine
has an option named "Video IRQ." Most video cards do not need them but
work fine if one is assigned. Some, for one reason or another, require
an IRQ and won't work without it (NVidia RIVA128 cards, for instance,
tend to require one).