Hi Ben,

I do not think it is a matter of sticking up for anyone.  I did not say
that you as a development team should switch it out like we had to do.

I simply said maybe the INFORMATION could be passed to the mpg321 Team.
  What they do with that information to determine what about that
particular lib file made the difference is up to them.

We do not pretend to know what about this lib file change-out made the
difference, but something about it did.

It was just a snipet of information, nothing more. If the mpg321 Team
can't use the information, or are already onto the specific issues that
make theirs (the version running under 8.2) not work on some corrupted
files, then that's great, but if we all keep what information we glean
through trial and error from each other, where will we be.  Many sets of
eyes are better than a few, or one.

I am not saying to go BACK to anything...I am saying that on 8.2 this
made a difference for us...and it was not on only one Mandrake 8.2
computer, but TWO. Like I said, I can not even begin to speak for
anything in 9.0, because I don't have that version.

What you all do with this small tidbit of information is your business.
  But don't blow folks off for sharing a piece of information that
worked for them, not only on one computer, but two! and at least find
out why!

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Bambi