Am Dienstag,  1. Oktober 2002, 15:12:29 Uhr MET, schrieb John Allen:
> Xine seems to require the /dev/dsp0 device to be present. The default devfsd
> does not create it, just a dsp symlinked to sound/dsp.

This isn't what I experienced with xine. It uses the default device
for OSS audio output, not /dev/dsp0. Maybe you've messed up the xine
settings, try to remove ~/.xine and let xine recreate it's config files.

--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key