On Saturday 05 October 2002 09:23, Stew Benedict wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Brent Hasty wrote:
> > >
> > > 1 issue - your mailer borks the "Reply To:" :)

> > > Sorry.  Several people have asked about PXE.  I know Erwan did some PXE
> > > work for the clustering project, and I read the docs, but I don't have
> > > PXE capable hardware to implement/test.  Patches welcome :)

> > > That should be OK as you list.  I'm assuming the subnet is correct for
> > > you network.  Any messages at the client or server end? Is clusternfs
> > > running on the server?  You shouldn't have to mount all the partitions
> > > specifically, it's only done for /home for rw access.
> > >
> > > Stew Benedict
> >
> > well hopefully I will soon be retiring this old hp kyak terminal server
> > based on 8.2 and ltsp.  I will then be running under mdk9.0 and kde3 with
> > all its new goodies.  what do you mean by borks and how do I fix it?
>
> Your email doesn't have the cooker list "Reply To:" that most of the posts
> do.  I guess it depends on your mail client.  Generally you just leave the
> "Reply To:" setting alone.
>
> > is it possiable to get the eepro100 to net boot off of the terminal
> > server, as though using a boot rom rather than pxe?
>
> If you're getting to the point of nfs mounting, it sounds like you are
> able to boot the eepro100, or you're using a different card for that?
> I had one 3com card here that would do the initial boot, but then would
> fail asking for the IP a second time.  Erwan told me that it was because
> it was trying to talk to a pxe server, which didn't exist. (I may not have
> the terminology exactly right here).
>
> > I will see about the possiability of patches, but it would be a learning
> > project for me to do.
> >
> > how do i check the status of cluseter-nfs?
>
> It's started by a normal initscript, just like nfs-server.  Should be 2
> processes running:
>
> [root@larry root]# service clusternfs start
> Starting ClusterNFS (rpc.mountd):                               [  OK  ]
> Starting ClusterNFS (rpc.nfsd):                                 [  OK  ]
>
> On occasion rpc.nfsd doesn't start the first try.
>
> Stew Benedict
try hitting reply all

I am using a drakTermServ created boot floppy to get this far with tthe
eepro100

when I #] service clusternfs start  I get
Starting ClusterNFS (rpc.mountd):                               [  OK  ]
Starting ClusterNFS (rpc.nfsd):                                 [  FAILED  ]

so i guess now the question is how do I get rpc.nfsd working?