Can I third this motion.  I've installed rh7.1,2,3 on this mobo/cpu
combo SuSe 8.0 all without a problem.  8.2 goes in smoothly but isn't
optimal for the CPU.... When I try to build the new kernel from source
the changes (such as how docs get created) require things that I can't
install on 8.2 ... From rc2 forward the error on install is the exact
same.  It cannot install XFree86-4.2.1 (from disks that have been MD5-d,
recorded at 1 and have installed over on a number of other boxes without
a flaw.)  Then if you click continue anyway, it gets to the services
page, tells me that no service are available and aborts the install.
Rescue as well cannot boot correctly on this mobo (I'm assuming because
of the problem recognizing the CPU as a legit i586 BUT the 8.2 rescue
can boot.  BTW Windows goes in as well as does FreeBSD and NetBSD.

James