> W. Kasberg wrote:
> > On Monday 07 October 2002 09:19, Robert C. Dowdy wrote:
> >

> >>Actually, I believe this *is* a bug.  I've installed 9.0 final three times
> >>and each time spell checking in OpenOffice.org was broken until I manually
> >>installed a US English myspell (which newbies certainly wouldn't know to
> >>do). It doesn't seem likely that OO.o should have broken spell-checking
> >>intentionally.  Maybe it's just a problem for US English installations.
> >>I'm not sure.
> >>

> Yes, even when installing from rpmdrake (haven't tried urpmi recently,
> but that did the right thing last time), it seems that myspell-en_CA is
> installed automatically when local is english.

I just download the dictionary from ooodi.sf.net, the size of English
dictionary is 695724 bytes, but the one come with Mandrake is just about
700 bytes, seen to me that it is an empty dictionary.

Besides, as OpenOffice.org-l10n-en-1.0.1-9mdk don't depend on
myspell-en_US, will it really use myspell-en_US for spell check?