Thierry Vignaud wrote:

>d) ext3 has a much better fsck suite :
>   - currently, reiserfs / is never fcsked on boot if needed because
>     of broken fsck that refuse to check ro mounted fs (thought it
>     seems to have recently be fixed)
>   - reiserfsck don't handle std fsck's option set
>

>ext3 + htree patch is faster than reiserfs on *creating/deleting*
>thousands of files in 2.5bk.

OK, you convinced me. In addition to your arguments, I could throw in
that ReiserFS doesn't yet support dump for fast filesystem backups.

I never had a serious problem with recent versions of Reiser, and always
found it to be blazingly fast, but considering experiences that others
have shared on this list, I'm looking at it in new light.

ReiserFS people have an excellent vision of next-gen plugin-based
filesystem, but it turns out it's not quite ready yet. When (if) it
becomes ready, however, it will replace ext?fs without doubt  (my doubt,
anyway ;-) ).

--
    Olo
        GG#: 274614