I've looked high and low, but cannot find an opensource solution for a
work situation.

I'm running Cooker at work.  They have the "corporate standard" instant
messenger setup of MS Exchange Messaging.  The .NET Messaging client for
Windows can be obtained with that protocol.  I've found a ton of
opensource IM clients that can do MSN messaging, but none that can do MS
Exchange Messaging.  (I've even managed to get .NET Messenger installed
under CrossOver Office, but it won't run.)

Does anyone out there know of a Linux client (or gAIM/Jabber plug-in)
that works with MS Exchange Messaging?  I don't even care if it's
current.  I'll have some co-workers (also on Linux), help me update it
to a "modern" environment like cooker.

We're trying to keep from being forced onto Windows just for an IM
"standard".

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger