I'm using a Netgear MA301 with MA401 on a desktop (that is the card with
a PCMCIA-PCI adapter). With beta 4 everything worked perfectly
(autodetected and working). Since RC3 (I skipped RC1 and RC2) though, it
doesn't work anymore (except during installation where the card is
detected, the network is brought up, traffic is generated to check for
updates, etc.). After installation, nothing works anymore. Below is the
output from the various commands/programs I ran while trying to figure
this out:

HardDrake:

   Vendor: Netgear
   Bus: PCI
   Identification bus: 1385:4100
   Location on the bus: 0:8:0
   Module: orinoco_plx
   Media class: NETWORK_OTHER

I noticed that there is no mention of the MA401 PCMCIA adapter card.

dmesg:
   eth0: Station identity 001f:0003:0000:0008
   eth0: Looks like an Intersil firmware version 0.08
   eth0: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
   eth0: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
   eth0: WEP supported, 104-bit key
   eth0: MAC address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
   eth0: Station name "Prism  I"
   eth0: ready
   eth0: error -5 reading info frame. Frame dropped.

iwconfig:

   eth0    IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"Wireless"
Nickname:"home-william.themannfam.com"
              Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.422GHz  Access Point:
00:00:00:00:00:00
              Bit Rate:11Mb/s   Tx-Power=15 dBm   Sensitivity:1/3
              Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Encryption key:off
              Power Management:off
              Link Quality:0/92  Signal level:134/153  Noise level:134/153

Obviously something changed between beta 4 and release regarding
wireless management. My other desktop still has beta 4 and the wireless
is working flawlessly. I installed the release version on my laptop (no
PCI-PCMCIA adapter) and everything worked perfectly so it seems to be a
problem with the PCMCIA adapter card. I just don't understand why it
works during install but doesn't afterwards. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.

William