So sprach Charles A Edwards am 2002-10-23 um 13:31:54 -0400 :
> If you find something easier let me know.

Thanks, I'll do!  I found <Mozilla>/defaults/pref/all.js where you can
set all sorts of things, however setting the startup page simply doesn't
work.  I tried to add these settings:

pref("startup.homepage_override_url","http://web.de/";);
pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.web.de";);

But when I restart Mozilla with a non-existant profile, the startup
homepage setting in the Prefs GUI is all blank.  Beats me.

FWIW:  See
in news://netscape.public.mozilla.general "Some default settings from all.js
don't get set".

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)