Le Jeudi 17 Octobre 2002 08:49, Warly a écrit :
> Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Olivier Thauvin wrote:
> >> Any that only cdwriter groups can use cdrecord, and all can use
> >> cdrecord-dvdhack:
> >> [olivier@andromede olivier]$ ls -l /usr/bin/cdrecord*
> >> -rws--x---    1 root     cdwriter   244620 sep  3 13:11
> >> /usr/bin/cdrecord* -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     cdwriter   248652 sep  3
> >> 13:11
> >> /usr/bin/cdrecord-dvdhack*
> >> [olivier@andromede olivier]$ rpm -qa | grep cdrecord
> >> cdrecord-devel-1.11-0.a32.1mdk
> >> cdrecord-dvdhack-1.11-0.a32.1mdk
> >> cdrecord-1.11-0.a32.1mdk
> >> cdrecord-cdda2wav-1.11-0.a32.1mdk
> >
> > But cdrecord is also setuid, which is probably the reason the
> > permissions are like that on cdrecord.
>
> Strange because I though I have change cdrecord perm, suid root is not
> useful anymore IIRC.

After sending this, I remember now, it's xcdroast who ask to change perm.
xcdroast sucks. that's all :)
BTW: As I remember, cdrecord don't work properly without a setuid...
But this has maybe changed since...

--
Linux pour Mac !? Enfin le moyen de transformer
une pomme en véritable ordinateur. - JL.