On Friday 18 October 2002 21:05, Matthew C. Tedder wrote:
> Why does g++ tell me that the <iostream.h> header has been depricated?
>
> You've got to be joking, if this is true..  Is this a bug?  If the only
> header I include is <iostream.h>, I get this warning message:
>
> /usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning
> This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please
> consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++
> standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header
> for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header
> <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
>
> Trying to locate this in the ISO standard PDF file is also difficult--why
> has no one implemented a find feature in Mandrake's default PDF viewer?!
>
> Matthew

That's because it's not standard!
The standard says that the header should be <iostream>
(Actually all C++ standard headers are H-less, except for ISO C header files)

G++ tells you here that it is not standard, it will accept and compile it but
there is no guarantee that other compiler would.

This is not a Mandrake issue at all - it's the default behavior of g++

Eyal