Well, you can download the SRPM, install it with rpm -i, and the inspect
the specfile or
grep 'configure' *.spec

But like, why bother building from source?

Alternatively you can build from the Mandrake SRPMS with
urpmi xxx.src.rpm
which will build and install the program locally.  If you want to change
the build architecture or compiler flags, edit .rpmmacros and .rpmrc

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant