On Sunday 27 October 2002 07:11, Ben Reser wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 06:08:43AM +0100, Per �yvind Karlsen wrote:
> > yeah, but still, the need of rebuilding stuff against a new glibc
> > version should'nt be a reason for not upgrading glibc, that was my
> > point:)
>
> My understanding was that it broke stuff behind just recompiling them
> for it.  But I haven't tried it myself and could be wrong.

If its not backward compatible with 2.2.5 (binary not only source) then it's a
bug, since this is a feature of the new library (AFAIK). it must be fixed and
verified by Mandrake developers before upgrading cooker. I think Mandrake
should give it a high(est ?) priority since it's going to be installed anyway
and everything else (except kernel) depends on it.

Eyal