Joan Tur wrote:

Mine (XT1000) was shutting down fine with 2.4.19-16mdk with acpi enabled, but
the acpi version was very old. Now with the above kernel I get battery,
temperature etc info in /proc/acpi

The only thing I haven't been able to find is a battery meter to dock in kde's
kicker 8-?

kacpi does work fine on my XE3 indicate battery status when docked and when open also display CPU temp.

Events like lid close -> suspend and button wake up / switch off also work fine.

Bernard

--

Digital Objects Ltd

Internet security / Web hosting & design / Web enabled applications

PO Box 60510, Titirangi
Waitakere City

Phone: 0800 LETS DOIT (538736)
Fax: +64 9 8128 368