I was wondering if in a future mandrake kernel they would consider updating
their ext3 kernel options.

I would like to be able to add "rootflags=data=writeback" to the boot
parameters and then set 'data=writeback' in the fstab for / to enable
writeback mode for the ext3 file system.

This works fine with a custom kernel I made awhile back, but not with the
mandrake one.  The machine will freeze.  I'm guessing something needs to be
compiled directly into the kernel and not as a module.  Since I've
reinstalled lately, I haven't bothered to build a custom kernel so i'm just
using the default ordered data mode.

Out of curiosity does a config file to recreate the stock mandrake kernel
exist?  I was just
curious  what all their default options were..

I suppose I could just switch to ReiserFS, but I recently learned about the
dump command, which looks too useful to give up compatibility with.

-Robert