mcleod,> I am using the stock standard Mandrake 9.0 kernel - I have lost XMMS sound
mcleod,> (could be unrelated though) - are we advised to upgarde our kernel?

This should work, no idea why it is borken :(
Will look at it.

BTW, this kernel is still not aimed as 9.0 upgrade.  ACPI works in all
my machines (except in one and it uses old code automatically just
well), but I _know_ that it don't work in all people machines :(

9.1 will have ACPI kernel by default and everybody that complains
until then will have acpi fixed or their system blacklisted to use
the old code.  Problem is that basically all the new laptops & PIV
requires or need ACPI to function well.

mcleod,> BTW - when will the wlan-ng (as opposed to wlan_cs) wireless kernel drivers
mcleod,> be included by default?

/lib/modules/2.4.19-18mdksmp/kernel/3rdparty/prism25/cs/prism2_cs.o.gz

This driver should be the one that you are searching for, or I don't
know what wlan-ng are you talking about :(

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy