Buchan Milne wrote on Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:44:41PM +0200 :

> >>We have just started playing with LDAP replication, and I noticed that
> >>our LDAP server (8.2) is running all the slurpd's as root.
> Weird.
> Anyway, I commented out the old:
> #                daemon ${slurpd}
> and have now:
>                 daemon su ldap -c \"${slurpd}\" -s /bin/sh

Does this work at bootup as well as from a shell prompt?  I've done
similar things in the past with mrtg and had issues with it unable to
start a boottime (environment was different).  Please verify this.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
           MandrakeSoft USA   http://www.mandrakesoft.com
Never take no as an answer from someone who's not authorized to say yes.