Hello,

It often happens that during a Mandrake Update I discover that one
program installed on my system is actually unneeded. Upgrading it is
useless, but if it is a security threat it should not stay there.

It may be a good idea to have in the Mandrake Update UI an option that
means "don't upgrade this package but rather uninstall it".
So there are three states: upgrade/don't upgrade/uninstall

This would be good for security and handy. Especially, small sites
(small enterprises for instance) with slow connection to the net would
sometimes avoid long and useless downloads to upgrade unneeded software.

--
Stéphane Gourichon - Labo. d'Informatique de Paris 6 - AnimatLab
http://animatlab.lip6.fr/ - philo du dimanche http://amphi-gouri.org/