Am Freitag,  1. November 2002, 15:29:54 Uhr MET, schrieb Biagio Lucini:
>Is there a rule on how to write a service script for Mandrake or
>should I just try to copy from another script (e.g. lm_sensors, which
>does similar things)?
Yes, this is what you should do.

>Does drakservices automatically see what is in
>/etc/init.d or should it be made aware of new scripts? How do I
>assign priority to the service? (I mean, the number that appear in
>the link to the script from the runlevel init directory)?
Take a look at chkconfig and it's man page. The numbers in the comment
on top of a chkconfig enabled initscript show the priority, help text
and the runlevels in which the service should start.

You also need to call chkconfig --add yourservice in the %post script,
if you want to enable it by default.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key