Florent BERANGER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > ! And USB TV cards aren't TV cards ? mmmmh
> >
> > bttv != usbvideo.
>
> Yes, but USB TV cards are TV cards (logic ;) and drakxtv is a TV
> cards config tool. A messagebox that USB cards (if one is detected)
> are automatically configured/not supported by this tool
> (yet)/... could be welcome for the user.  This shows that the USB TV
> card is handled !

i quote you "drakxtv doesn't handle all bttv cards"

you speak now of a different topic.

as for usbvideo managed devices, are they webcam or tv devices (aka
can we "seek", are there several tv channels) ?

because, since they're not configurable (since usbvideo take care of
that), if we cannot choose pal/secam/..., there's no point in offering
to configure it.

so more info is needed.

> drakxtv is a tool for configure TV cards, not a bttv/dvb/saa7134
> tool, or rename it drakxbttvdvbsaa7134.
>
> Aren't you agree with me ?

give me the info i asked you above before.

> > i quote you : "drakxtv doesn't handle all bttv cards"
>
> yes, some bttv cards doesn't works fine (no sound, only one channel
> as described in
> http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/cooker/2002-11/msg00160.php )

you speak of totally different things:

- support of cards supported by bttv, which we do fine for quite some
  time

- support for other devices (such as dvb, saa7134, usb video, ...).
  for each new case we added, we need to think before doing
  anything. so are they webcam or real tv tuners ?

  if they're just webcam, then there's no point in offering to
  configure them in drakxtv since we cannot do anything.
  webcam're managed through devfsd/hotplug/dynamic and appears
  automatically on desktop.> > > > > kwintv is broken).