On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Leon Brooks wrote:

> What is the easiest way to flip TS clients between running their apps (WM?)
> locally or on the server?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, aside from modifying the
client config in drakTermServ.

> Is it possible to have some clients running as Xterminals and some as thin
> clients (ie no disk but local apps)?

Yes

> Is it possible to run most apps from the server but some (e.g. xterm-ishes,
> for ssh'ing) locally without enormous effort?

Both remote and local at the same time? Not sure how you'd do that.

> I'd like to butcher the Terminal Server GUI thingy a bit when I have
> best-of-breed answers to these questions.

I've already updated it for thin-client setup.  Should be in the latest
drakxtools releases, but if you have some better ideas that's fine too.

> Cheers; Leon

Stew Benedict

--
MandrakeSoft