Hello,
I'm having something really strange happen with my printer here at work.

I set up the printer, a Canon BJC-8500, for the purpose of sharing it on
the network for my windows based friends. No problem. I used printerdrake,
it found the printer right off the bat, I opened up webmin, went to samba
configuration, made sure my friends had accounts, shared the printer, they
mapped the printer, printed some test pages, the test pages came out fine,
so I was done, right?

Not exactly. When I print from my computer, the print jobs only take up
about 2/3 of the page if I set the resolution to 360x360, and at 720x360
the pages come out taking up the same amount of space vertically, but
horizontally they are stretched wider than the page (yuck). How could it
be that the windows share to the printer works fine, but printing directly
to the printer looks like crap?

Could someone tell me where to start looking so I can try to fix this?

        -Elliott