I need to go to my home-machine in order to verify this again. Exact
address was however

        http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ripperx/ripperX-2.4-1.i386.rpm

I also checked that it is returning "application/x-redhat-package-manager"
as a file-type.

Mika

Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
11.11.2002 11:16
Please respond to cooker

        To:     Cooker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Cooker] Preventing Mozilla to hang with RPM-files

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 10:47:37AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I used unclear expression.
> This URL is the exact place where the bug will occur for me. Because
> Mozilla does not offer "save as" option,
> I believe that it will start downloading the RPM in order to
>         a) display the content of the RPM in the screen as an ascii OR
>         b) use real player plugin to play it

I can't replicate this behavior at all.  Everyone of the mirrors on that
site return a mime type of application/x-redhat-package-manager

Which mirror are you downloading from?  What is the exact url in your
location bar when the machine in hanging?  A redirection page is useless
as an example because it doesn't give a precise URL you are using.

> No. The URL above is correct. What is happening for me is following:
>
> Opera on Linux: --> Will offer save as option
> Mozilla 1.2 beta on Windows --> Will offer save as option
> Mozilla on Mandrake 9.0 --> Will just hang the ui because I believe that

> Mozilla will think that the file is in Real Player format... (In other
> words: there is not any save as option which would allow me to save the
> RPM to file.)

I still can't replicate the problem with the information you're giving.
Every last one of the mirrors is an http download and is providing the
proper mime type.  Now unless they've fixed it since you last tried it.
That URL is not an example of the bug.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols