On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 11:03, Lenny Cartier wrote:
> [Contrib-RPM]
>
> --=-=-=
> Name        : scribus                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 0.9.2                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 1mdk                          Build Date: Mon Nov 18 11:52:41 2002
> Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: bi.mandrakesoft.com
> Group       : Office                        Source RPM: (none)
> Size        : 1967506                          License: GPL
> Packager    : Lenny Cartier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> URL         : http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/
> Summary     : Scribus layout program
> Description :
> Scribus is a DTP-Program in the tradition of Xpress, Pagemaker
> or similar. In the moment it is still in his early Stages of Development,
> but fairly usable. You can do all the important things like embedding
> Pictures, placing Text on a Page and much more.
>
> Printing is done via an own Postscript-Driver, since the Driver
> supplied by Qt has too many Limitations and every Version of it has
> its own Faults. The Driver that ships with Scribus can embed Fonts
> for Printing and you can use EPS-Pictures at high Quality.
>
> In the moment Scribus supports only Type1 (Postscript) - Fonts,
> and TrueType.

Although the Random capitalisation of this Description is quaint in its
Own way, may I suggest the Following as more in keeping with Modern
English? =)

Scribus is a DTP (Desktop Publishing) application in the tradtion of
Xpress, Pagemaker or similar. At the moment it is still in the early
stages of development, but fairly usable. You can do all the important
things, such as embedding pictures, placing text on a page and much
more.

Printing is done via the application's own Postscript driver, since the
driver supplied by Qt has too many limitations and each version of it
has its own faults. The driver that ships with Scribus can embed fonts
for printing and can use EPS images at high quality.

At the moment Scribus supports only Type1 (Postscript) and TrueType
fonts.
--
adamw