> drakconnect refuses it (error) if it is blank...

I think drakconnect should not enforce you to enter a DNS or a gateway. I
consider this as a serious BUG in drakconnect.

1) If you use a dynamic IP it is likely that the DNS servers are given to you
by way of DHCP. Making it obligatory to fill in this field is confusing.

2) When you have a static IP network and you don't have a DNS somewhere (I
know some people use this to do reverse lookups) you have to remove the
entered IP manually. If you don't remove this some applications experience
long connection delays (e.g ssh first tries to do a DNS lookup which can last
half a minute).

I hope this will be corrected in the next version.

regards,

Z.