On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:44:02AM -0500, Michael Scherer wrote:
> 1 ) to launch it in the menu, i use the $BROWSER var, but, can I be sure that
> this is set ? I didn't found it in /etc, but i havn't look everywhere...

Yes it should be set.
It gets set upon an X login via the XSession files.  And if a user is
using the Mandrake menu system then they are in X. :)

> 2 )  since this is only in french, how should i deal with this ?
> Should i translate the menu files, or do it elsewhere ?

Not sure on this one.  I would assume that it's safe for the menu
entries to be in French if the package only contains French
documentation.

> Is there a convention for the name ?

Not really.

> Is there any change to get it in contrib ?

Can't say for sure without looking at your spec.  Generally just upload
it into incoming on ftp.linux-mandrake.com and send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and this list.  Lenny will make any changes that
are necessary to accept it.

> 3 ) they also offers documentation in pdf.
> is there something special to use it ?
> For the menu, I do not have a var to check for a prefered reader.
> I cannot say that kghostview is a dependancy, since people can wish to use
> ghostview, xpdf and so on.
> Is there a way to say it needs a "pdf reader ?"

I would provide the files but not link them up from the menu...

> last thing, the mandrake rpm howto say I must use a xpm for icon, and rpmlint
> complains if it is not a png.
> so, there is a bug somewhere,no ?

Howto is out of date.  PNG is the proper format.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols