Oh boy ! this isn't for the faint hearted is it !!!

I think I need a mserver / kmasqdialer 101 course !

I ended up having to re-install initscripts and ppp just to be able to dial out again. initscripts got rid of the interface ppp0 not found problem ! while ppp actually got the corrupted route to host sorted out !

I don't think I'll try that again in a hurry !

but thankyou for trying.

I think I'll have to wait for the kpppd dial out daemon to appear :-)

Owen