I have strange network transfer rate problems in my internal network: for my
two computers with 100BaseTx-FD ability, i have to force 10BaseT-HD on one
side to get best transfer rate! With 10BaseT-HD, i have 50% lower rate, and
with auto-negociation enabled, i have 75% lower rate.

Transfers to other computer with only 10BaseT-HD ability always use maximum
rate. Replacing replacing the 10/100Mo switch with a 10Mo hub also provides
the same result, as it prevent negociation.

Everything worked fine before. I am not sure i actually had 100Mo transfer,
but at least i had same transfer rate as to other machines.

As one of the machine run cooker, and get updated daily, it could either be a
new hardware problem occuring the switch (altough i didn't touched it), or a
regression problem in cooker. However, i didn't see anything in kernel
changelog about my network driver (eepro100) nor in net-tools package (the
one containing mii-tool).

[guillaume@baader guillaume]$ rpm -q kernel-source net-tools
kernel-source-2.4.20-0.5mdk
net-tools-1.60-5mdk