I am wondering what the Mandrake team thinks of this:

http://www.fastboot.org/

Overview

serel is software that helps computers boot faster.

serel adds synchronisation and integrity-checking to the operating
system "service startup" phase, allowing a computer's services to
start in parallel.  Without parallelism, "service startup" is
typically the most time-consuming part of the boot process.

It's getting about time that Linux booting takes this step forward.
Who better than Mandrake to lead the pack?

Is there any interest in adding this to Mandrake Linux?  I am going to
investigate it now.  I could come back with my findings if Mandrake is
interested in pursuing this.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell