Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 02:05:42PM -0800, Ben Reser wrote:
>
> More thinking on this:
>
> New bug reports go to cooker... everything thereafter goes to a separate
> bug list.  If you want to see all the bug discussion you subscribe to
> the bug list.  If you just want to know what bugs are happening you read
> cooker.  If you want to follow a particular bug you tell bugzilla to add
> you to the CC list for that bug.
>
> Problem solved... everyone is happy. :)

I think there is 2 problems.

- first one is technical, when you reply to the bug into cooker you
get your comment posted both by sympa an bugzilla, this I can fix.

- second one is maintainers and subscribers problems. Some of them do
not care of bugzilla post, and filter them out.

Creating a separate mailing list will ease the filtering problem of
the people of the second point, but guys who care about bugs will not
see any change except having to subscribe to two mailing lists instead
of one.

As a consequence, I will try:

- to fix the duplicate problem so that anyone could reply to a bug in
cooker without caring of the address is responding to. Bugzilla will
takes care not to send duplicates.

- to make it clearer on bugzilla that it is only for development
version. And also to do an automatic search before the bug is posted
to ask user if by chance his bug is not already reported.

--
Warly