On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:30:36PM +0100, Han Boetes wrote:
> [Contrib-RPM]
>
> --=-=-=
> Name        : esmtp                        Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 0.2                               Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 2mdk                          Build Date: Wed Dec 11 20:23:43 2002
> Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: klama.mandrake.org
> Group       : Networking/Mail               Source RPM: (none)
> Size        : 81181                            License: GPL
> Packager    : Han Boetes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> URL         : http://esmtp.sourceforge.net
> Summary     : User configurable relay-only Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
> Description :
>
> ESMTP is a user configurable relay-only Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) with a
> sendmail-compatible syntax. It's based on libESMTP supporting the AUTH
> (including the CRAM-MD5 and NTLM SASL mechanisms) and the StartTLS SMTP
> extensions.
>
> So these are ESMTP features:
>
>  * requires no administration privileges
>  * individual user configuration
>  * sendmail command line compatible
>  * supports the AUTH SMTP extension, with the CRAM-MD5 and NTLM SASL
>    mechanisms
>  * support the StartTLS SMTP extension
>  * does not receive mail, expand aliases or manage a queue
>
> --=-=-=
>
> * Wed Dec 11 2002 Han Boetes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0.2-2mdk
>
> - Use alternative instead of provides, as suggested by B.Reser

It needs to provide smtpdaemon and MailTransportAgent to satisfy various
programs dependencies...

I wouldn't set it with a higher priority than sendmail either.  I'd set
it to like 5 on the priority.  Right now it doesn't support a system
wide default config so it can't really entirely take the place of
postfix/sendmail.  I looked at it last night and intended to patch that
in...  but didn't get it yet.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols