I have cooker running, (synched 2 days ago) and I also updated my kernel
to kernel-2.4.20.2mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm.
With this kernel version network connection via 3COM 3C509 network card
failed. (Could not ping to my gateway for example)
I checked my network-settings by using Mandrake Configuration Tool and
everything seemed to be fine.

When I booted back to kernel-2.4.19-16mdk network started to work without problems.
Is there any log-files from where I could try to find out some
error-messages in order to help for finding out
(On the boot-screen everything seemed to work great except aureal sound
drivers which complaints because the binary module within it is compiled
with GCC version 2)

Mika