On 2002.12.13 Thierry SAURA wrote:

>       I have a performance drawback with the new driver (4191). For
>example, switching between virtual desktops or opening a new window
>load heavily the processor (with X process). I have to revert to
>previous version.
>
>        Does somebody have the same problem ?

Yup. If i pick a window and shake it, CPU usage goes to 100%.
I asked about it on IRC, and it is a known problem. 2D performance
sucks. Some people say that nVidia will post a maintenance release,
but nobody knows when.

So just do as you have not seen any new driver. I have reverted to 3123
and all goes fine again.

--
J.A. Magallon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      \                 Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es                         \           It's better when it's free