David Walluck wrote:

francesco.melo wrote:

Pascal Terjan wrote:

nDiScReEt wrote:

Change the font for OOo or for the system? If it is for OOo, how would that be
achieved if nothing can be read?

vim /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf
replace AUTO by the name of the font

thanks :)

now it works !

.

Not for me. I still can't see any of the menu/dialog fonts, no matter what name I put there.

### Define font to use for user interface (default: AUTO).
# If set to "AUTO", ooffice will choose the UI font according to the
# current UI language, the first time you start in that
# language. Otherwise, this shall match the actual font name.
UI_FONT="helvetica"

### Define font scaling (default: not set).
# If set to "AUTO", font scaling is set based on the current display
# resolution of first screen. Otherwise, this shall be a valid number.
FONT_SCALING="AUTO"

### Define paper size for documents without printer configured (default: AUTO).
# If set to "AUTO", paper size for new documents is set based on the
# current locale. Otherwise, this shall match a valid paper size.
PAPER_SIZE="AUTO"
#
# NOTE: The $HOME/.openoffice/user/psprint/psprint.conf file is
# automatically regenerated whenever you start ooffice with a valid
# value for PAPER_SIZE, and system psprint.conf is actually
# newer. Therefore, undefine this variable if you have genuine changes
# done in the user psprint.conf.
#
# Possible values: A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, B4, B5, B6, Legal,
# Letter, Executive, Statement, Tabloid, Ledger, AnsiC, AnsiD, ARCHA,
# ARCHB, ARCHC, ARCHD, ARCHE, EnvMonarch, EnvC4, EnvC5, EnvC6, Env10,
# EnvC65, Folio.

this works for me now
try
maybe can help you