On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 01:23, Jason Straight wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 December 2002 09:04 am, Simon Ree wrote:
> > All of my default fonts have changed to something hideuos after the
> > urw-fonts update, mcc is almost unreadable, default login manager is
> > unreadable and urpme & rpmdrake-remove no longer work to remove this

> Same here - I noticed my true arial font from my MS parition is now replaced
> in the selectors by mozilla arial, and guessing lucidia console must also be
> a dupe because my konsole now has those nasty spaced out fonts.

As for the fonts suddenly looking ugly again - I had this problem and
fixed it.

With the new fontconfig system, the "old" /etc/X11/XftConfig file is no
longer used. XftConfig is where many current MDK packages add their
custom font directory. These will get updated in time. I presume that
they will add lines to /etc/fonts/local.conf instead. It is recommended
you do not edit /etc/fonts/fonts.conf.

To fix it, I created /etc/fonts/local.conf with the following 4 lines.
Note I have the MS webfonts and Mozilla math fonts installed in
/opt/ttfonts, and the j2re-1.4.1_01-fcs RPM from Sun installed.

--
<dir>/opt/ttfonts</dir>
<dir>/usr/share/yudit/fonts</dir>

I haven't had a problem with rpm or db3.

--
- Antony Suter  (sutera internode on net)  "Exner"
- "Earth to Nene. This is bad."