The membership cost is the same wherever, so if your total cost is higher, it is because your download cost is higher. And there is nothing Mandrake can do about your download cost - they could give free membership and it would still cost you more to download the ISOs than it would to buy a box set.

See my email to Ron for the maths. If the membership cost is a small component of the overall cost, you are not going to entice large numbers of new members by reducing the cost of membership.

As a suggestion for how to get round your predicament, why don't you take out silver club membership, and then buy copies of the ISOs burnt to CD from a business like Cheeplinux. The cost of club membership, CDs and P&P will be much less than even free club membership + your download cost. That way everyone is happy. Mandrake get the revenue they need, and you get the software packages you need, and the satisfaction of knowing you are not letting your Kiwi/Aussie phone companies rip you off.

Cheers,

Bruno Prior

Jason wrote:
And in NZD (New Zealand Dollars) it is even higher, so yes, that IS a lot of money to many and yes I think there are MANY (millions even) users who would shell out for a lower tier in the club that would allow for free ISO downloads during the first month of release. I started this thread and I think some need to re-read my original post because they just seem to be misinterpreting it...and some of the posts that have followed.

Regards,

Jason Greenwood