On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 02:57:11PM +0100, Pierre BETOUIN wrote:
> When i update freetype and pango, and then restart X, there are no text
> anywhere (even in gdm...)
> So i have to reinstall the older versions...
> Is there another package to update in order to run latest versions of
> pango and freetype and to have correct text ? ;)

Pierre, you have not answered the question that was asked of you in a
previous e-mail: Are you running a fully up-to-date Cooker?  If the
answer is no, then go do that then come back with your problems.

There is far too much traffic here and work to be done (i.e. bugs to
be squashed, etc.) with completely legitimate (i.e. fully up-to-date)
Cooker installations to stop and help everyone who wants to get a
small portion of Cooker running on a 9.0 or not-up-to-date Cooker
system.

Cooker is for bug-smashing the next release version, not for providing
bleeding edge software for those that want to play.

I hope you can appreciate that MandrakeSoft's resources have always
been limited and are probably even moreso lately.  They need to focus
all of their attention of the next release (and security updates of
previous releases :-), not help people who want to play with bleeding
edge software by creating "hybrid" systems.

If you are serious about helping out in the bug-smashing department,
tht is great.  But you have to be able to keep a fully up-to-date
Cooker, or at least bring your Cooker fully up-to-date before
reporting any problems you find.

Thanx,
b.

--