Am Sonntag,  5. Januar 2003, 19:47:32 Uhr MET, schrieb Han Boetes:
> Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Name        : mplayer-fonts
> Weird that there still is a package for that. With the latest release I
> can simply use my systemfonts:
> [~]% grep font .mplayer/config
> font = /usr/share/fonts/msttcorefonts/arial.ttf

Good question. I don't even know if you can use a bitmap font from
this package with a mplayer version configured with freetype support.
Maybe this is for people with different character encodings not
supported with freetype. Is there a chinese user who cannot use
mplayer without this package? Else we could drop it from the
distribution.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key