From: "Guillaume Cottenceau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Thomas Backlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > When installing Cooker using expert mode,
> > you get to a point where the installer ask you:
> >
> > If you want to insert third-party kernel modules,
> > insert a Linux (ext2fs) formatted floppy....
> >
> > Does any info exist about how this disk should be
> > made ...?
>
> Just put modules onto the root of it.
>
> > Can I just copy the *.o files I need to the floppy, or should
> > they be in a /lib/modules/<version> tree, or what...
>
> In 2 minutes you would have tried and seen by yourself..

Yeah, I almost did it, but I wasn't sure, since I'm used
to the Windows 2000/XP way wich needs a special
oemsetup.inf on the disk, to tell the system what to do...

Or like the 'patch' boot command wich need to find
patch.pl on the floppy root, so I didn't belive it could
be that simple...

Oh well, that just proves it again...

Linux is the future, but it's already here ;-) ...

Thanks

Thomas