Am Dienstag,  7. Januar 2003, 19:35:04 Uhr MET, schrieb Quel Qun:
> On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 13:09, Steve Fox wrote:
> > All three of these GStreamer updates called gst-register in the
> > %post_install script , which pegged my CPU until I did 'killall
> > gst-register' for each package.
> > Any one else affected by this?
> Yes, there seem to be a problem in the uninstall of previous gstreamer
> packages.
> After the updates, you will have dups. run rpm -qa | grep gst and clean
> up your system.

I didn't notice such problems, because I had to deinstall the old
gstreamer to build the new stuff. Any idea on how to work around the
upgrade problem?

> I forced the removal of everything except libgstreamer0.5_1-0.5.0-3mdk
> (need by gnome-media) and reinstalled the new packages.
I hope there will be a new gnome-media based on libgstreamer0.5_2 soon.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key