what i think is happening, is the network is trying to start the eth1
device (had the same problem).  since eth1 isn't configured properly are
is not accessable (ie wrong password), there is no time-out and will
just hang the system.

in brief, there should be a time-out value set (ie for 15-30 seconds)
and then it should be marked as "[FAILED]" if the time-out is
reached/exceeded.

(also, tried the "i" interactive boot...seems to not catch the "i" key
or something. so i just rm the service from /etc/rc.5/S10network...etc)

--
Roger
-----