(I would have posted this to bugzilla but i've had problems with logging
into a user account to post this stuff too.  Anyhow, it is cooker
related.)

Install Problems:
The install is looking more polished then mdk90.

1) [When booting with the rescue cdrom] That @#$@#$ terminal beep on the
rescue boot of the mdk91 cdrom is turned on!

2) [At the end of the install] X11 settings are set to "custom"
(default) when modifying them.  (The applet doesn't remember the
settings made, but the config file appears to be written to with the
modified settings).

3) [Near the end of the of the install] The "ok" or "done" button when
configuring which services to start on boot is hidden or placed off the
display screen.  I had to use the keyboard keys (tab/cursors) to get to
the next screen (especially since the links/buttons on the far left menu
were inoperable).

4) [Networking config]  It found my orinoco gold wireless pcmcia card
;-) and configured it (without locking the system!). however, i also
have a eepro100 on an actiontek minipci card which it failed to properly
configure (maybe i screwed up here..dunno).  So i used netconf to fix
things.  One scenario I didn't like is that the install configured my
wireless as eth0 and my nic as eth1.  Probabely should have configured
the wireless as eth1 and the nic as eth0 as the wireless is a removable
pcmcia card....but come to think of it, there are now minipci cards with
wireless nics.

Package Related Problems:
4)  Evolution appears to be a little buggy (crashed once on Summary
setup...appears to be an app specific problem.  Probabely needs an
additional patch/upgrade to make it more stable.).  I was also screwing
around in mdk90 with rebuilding and installing evolution (including all
it's depends ie libbonobo, ...) and on starting evolution-1.2.1-1mdk, it
wiped out all of my evolution-1.0.8-3mdk mail server settings
(filters/virtual settings were ok though).  So I regressed to
evolution-1.0.8-3mdk.  Somebody may want to verify this!  Some of the
other evolution settings were also wiped-out...but some were migrated
with the upgrade.

5)  when "rpm --rebuild gnome-terminal" missing libncurses-devel dep

6)  Gnome Desktop appears to have a delay when doing/executing anything
in it.  (ie gaining keyboard/mouse focus of gnome-terminal and typing in
the terminal)

7)  Click & Play users may grumble a bit about not having an xconfig
tool to manage their /etc/sysconfig/desktop file

My big grumble:

Bah!  The kernel wants to use up all of my ram for cache!  This is
really a problem with "rpm --rebuild" (looks like when tar -jxvf files
is being processed during specfile execution, ram is not being
re-claimed from cache).  Bah!  and the cache performance isn't so hot.
I would rather have nocache since it only saves me 30% startup time on
mozilla and I only startup mozilla once on bootup and i rarely reboot
(like 1-3 days on my laptop).  I've already researched some options such
as adding to lilo.conf append "nocache" but appears to have no effect.
And I can't find anywhere in /proc to modify the cache settings (think
in kernel-2.2 there were /proc files that could be modded, now it's all
within .c/.h files?).  Eh, I have 512MB of ram. On initial startup and
with X11, I end up with ~80MB used. after an "rpm --rebuild", I end up
with ~11MB free and ~380MB cached!  I do see some reclaiming of the
cache file after awhile...dunno.

Other minor notes:

1) kernel has no xfs fs support.  looked at the changelog and says "*
xfs integrated upstream."?  So much for accessing my external hdd via
ieee1394 as it is an xfs fs.

2) i'm seeing stuff in the kernel changelog and messages about
swsuspend, however, I can't find anything with "man apm" (supposedly a
patch for apm)....etc, or howto implement it.  This might be a good
reason to use ext3 fs on my laptop now. mmm..forgot to grep the
kernel-source Documentation for swsuspend. (noticed kernel is
acpi...etc)

--
Roger
-----