I just looked over xbasic for the past hour or two....or should we say
"reminiscing"?

xbasic looks like very clean source code.  it also looks as if they're
using checkinstall to create the binary rpms and it wouldn't take too
much effort to create a specfile due to the simplicity of the build.

The only thing i really didn't like about xb is the user interface...it
felt like win3.1.  Should be redone in gtk :-)

...and just looked over gb, it didn't look to have as nice of a UI as xb
does, but i think gb will exceed xb in the future

...just jotting down some thoughts.

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 03:00, Allan Mee wrote:
> Hi
> I just thought I'd mention I got XBasic to work ok (still trying to get
> SmallBasic to run) - but at least I can know start on writing some stuff for
> Linux. Although I can program in C/C++ and x86 assembly - my preferred
> language is a good BASIC - in the last twenty years, I've used over 400
> dialects of BASIC and worked as a programmer for 8 years. I even won over my
> tutors at college to BASIC (from C) when I did my IT degree :)
> I still write Visual BAsic programs - occasionally even commercially!
> It would be great if XBASIC (or any good BASIC) was shipped with Mandrake
> and other distros. I suspect we would probably see much more software being
> written for Linux if BASIC was shipped with it.
> Allan

> MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*

Roger
-----
Verify my pgp/gnupg signature on my homepage:
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html