Pixel wrote:
Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

4.   Cooker uses an ext2fs which is incompatible with the 9.0 extfs. When a
9.0 partition and a cooker partition are both present on the same dev/hd and
one attempts an install or reinstall of a 9.0 partition, the 9.0 installer
carks it loudly, complaining about the incompatible ext2 partition.

you should be able to disable this feature using tunefs and
-Odir_index option
Unfortunately I had to reformat the cooker partition in order to proceed with a 9.0 reinstall. so I cannot easily find out which ext2 options differ between the 9.0 and cooker ext2 file systems. I'll have to (hopefully) do a temporary cooker install on a drive that has no other mandrakes on it to find out. If that doesn't work, I'll have to unplug the drives with mandrake on them.

That is, unless someone has been there and can tell us all what tune2fs options need to be changed in either 9.0 or cooker so that they can co-exist on the one drive......

The most thoughtful 9.0 installer writer provided no escape from this
situation, so the 9.0 installer CANNOT be run on this device at all.

i'll try to fix
Good!

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
20030106 updates now available for Fastest Mandrake downloader (English-only) from: