On 2003-01-14(Tue) 07:11:34 -0800, David Walser wrote:
> --- Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is right.. Theme packages should not screw up
> > default theme.. There
> > is no point for discussion on that..
>
> Geramik is not a normal theme.  The only useful
> purpose it serves is being the default theme,
> alongside KDE's default Keramik theme.  Looks-wise
> neither are all that wonderful, and noone's gonna
> choose to use them over something else.  Their only
> usefulness is in their consistency, it's basically the
> same idea as Bluecurve.

Now I see the point. Geramik is trying to do what Bluecurve did,
right? If this is so, then the current changes are not enough.
You have to persuade Mandrake developers to use G/Keramik
to replace the default mdk theme, and adopt G/Keramik as
the default instead. In additional to this, you also need to
get the GNOME/KDE behavior sync'ed. To sum up, Mandrake have
to follow RedHat's decision to make GNOME/KDE similar enough.

If the above is not achieved, Geramik will just be a normal
theme, nothing more, nothing less (quoted).

Having two desktops looking similar but behave differently is
worse than what we currently have, IMHO.

> > Moreover, Gemarik is more than buggy
>
> Yes, there's only one author, I'm sure he'd appreciate
> help.  I would think having a well-working Geramik
> would be a desirable thing for MDK.

Yes, not only for Mandrake, but good for everybody who like
K/Geramik too.

Abel
--
Abel Cheung