It used to work fin eon my notebook HPXE3 until I upgraded to last kernel and acpid.
Battery and AC adpater Ok but not thermal zone?

Bernard

PAOLACCI Sebastien wrote:
Le Mercredi 15 Janvier 2003 21:04, Jeremy a écrit :

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 01:40 pm, PAOLACCI Sebastien wrote:

Le Mercredi 15 Janvier 2003 19:23, Sascha Noyes a écrit :

You also (in fact you just need) to have a "working acpi" compiled with
your kernel to get battery monitor functionality.

If it's the case and you still can't manage to make it work, ensure that
you have relevant modules loaded:

fan                     1984   0  (unused)
thermal                 8096   0  (unused)
processor              10136   0  [thermal]
button                  2732   0  (unused)
battery                 6752   0  (unused)
ac                      2208   0  (unused)

All depends on your laptop manufacturer ...

Regards,
Sebastien
Yea.. I got the modules loaded and acpid running.. and there is a
/proc/acpi but when i look at the various files in there..  their contents
don't look correct..

It probably means that you don't have a standard ACPI implementation (like me). In this case, you have to find the good dsdt table for your laptop (I made one which seems correct for Compaq Presario 2800, if someone need it), to put it in /usr/src/linux/drivers/acpi/dsdt.hex, to set in your kernel's config file CONFIG_ACPI_TWEAKED_DSDT=y, and to recompile...

Have a nice night ;-)

Sebastien.

PS: My explanations may are a bit obscure, but in fact it's not really complicated.

.

--

Digital Objects Ltd

Internet security / Web hosting & design / Web enabled applications

PO Box 60510, Titirangi
Waitakere City

Phone: 0800 LETS DOIT (538736)
Fax: +64 9 8128 368