Götz Waschk wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2003, 19:04:37 Uhr MET, schrieb Buchan Milne:

>>To know whether your CDs are ok before you format?
>
> So you want to run a rpm -K *rpm before starting to install anything?
> This shouldn't be too hard to add to the installer.

Something like that might be sufficient, but RH checks the whole disk
pretty early on, so any issues with the installer that could be due to a
bad burn/download are detected as early as possible.

I think it would be worthwhile to at least check the packages required
by basesystem, but it is easy to get a failed install if other packages
are corrupt.

A non-default option to check the whole disk would be useful.

Buchan